Counselling services are available to patients, relatives and friends alike, from the moment of diagnosis through to support in bereavement.
Coping with life's trauma is deeply personal, as is the choice of assistance. We recognise that needs differ and that help and support may be needed at varying stages of the process. We are particularly aware and attentive to the periods after a bereavement when other supports can fall away and grief can intensify.
Our aims are:
- To help patients and families cope with the emotional and psychological upset of a progressive and incurable life-limiting illness
- To assist relatives and friends in their grieving as they with their loss
To these ends, we offer:
- One-to-one sessions with a counsellor
- Group/family sessions with a counsellor
- The assistance of medical experts to explain and inform as necessary
- A monthly bereavement support group