Staff Nurse/Senior Staff Nurse
- Salary From £28,400 to £50,000 per year
- Contract Full Time, Permanent
- Hours 8 Hour Shift, 10 Hour Shift, 12 Hour Shift, Day Shift, Night Shift, Weekend Availability
- Closing 20/10/2023 17:00
Do you wish to nurse where patients and families come first? Palliative care is a dynamic and evolving speciality. Working within a Hospice setting, the post is ideally suited to Registered Nurses who will bring clinical experience and knowledge gained within a general or acute medical ward or an oncology setting. It is desirable that the post holder will be both experienced and competent in venepuncture and cannulation, IV Drug Administration and Care of Venous Devices.
The post holder is responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development of programmes of care and/or the implementation and evaluation of these programmes. The post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and may be required to demonstrate procedures to and supervise qualified and/or unqualified staff including basic and/or post-basic learners. The post holder may be required to take charge of the ward/department as a necessary part of role development. Please note that as Hospice is a Direction Body, candidates fulfilling certain criteria may be able to continue their membership of the Scottish NHS Superannuation Scheme. This relates to Service and Contributions.
- Education - Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Palliative Care or Cancer Nursing
- Licence/Certification - NMC (required)
- Schedule - 8 Hour Shift, 10 Hour Shift, 12 Hour Shift, Day Shift, Night Shift, Weekend Availability
- Benefits - Company pension, Cycle to work scheme, Discounted or free food, On-site parking, Sick pay
Due to Disclosure requirements for the particular patient groups being cared for, it is necessary for the applicant to apply for or have PVG membership for working with Vulnerable Adults. Are you content to go through this process?