- Salary From £22,350 per year
- Contract Permanent, Full Time
- Hours 12 Hour Shift, 8 Hour Shift, Day Shift (required), Night Shift (preferred)
No statutory Nursing Qualification is required. The post holder must be of a caring nature and sympathetic to the needs of patients. The post holder must have the ability to work with colleagues from a variety of disciplines. The post holder carries out assigned tasks involving direct care in support of, and supervised by, a Registered Nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
Extensive Training Provided
The range of duties considered appropriate for the role of Auxiliary Nurse are set out below. The word “assist” is used to denote that after appropriate instruction, supervised practice, competence assessment and the completion of the Competence-Based Workbook, the Auxiliary Nurse can carry out assigned tasks involving direct care in support of and supervised by a Registered Nurse. The role of the Auxiliary Nurse is to assist the Registered Nurse as a member of the Ward/Department team and may assist with duties other than those outlined. The post holder regularly works without supervision. It is the responsibility of the Auxiliary Nurse to:
1. Ensure the implementation of the Hospice Core Values and Mission in practice.
2. Demonstrate awareness of the importance of etiquette and good conduct within the Hospice environment.
3. Ensure an effective delivery of nursing care is provided to patients and that an acceptable standard of care is maintained.
4. Provide, through Hospice policies, a safe environment for the treatment of patients and the protection of staff.
5. Participate in education and training programmes as required.
6. Participate in rotation and redeployment of staff as required.
7. Implement all policies, procedures and practices as introduced at Induction, Mandatory Training and throughout the mentorship experience.
- Shift Availability - Day Shift (required), Night Shift (preferred)
- Schedule - 12 Hour Shift, 8 Hour Shift, Overtime
- Benefits - Company pension, Cycle to work scheme, Discounted or free food, On-site parking
- Right to work in the UK? (required)
The post holder will work with Vulnerable Adults. Will you be willing to join the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme for Vulnerable Adults if you have not done so already?